tw telecom cares about the people in our communities across the country and the world. This is evidenced by the generosity and participation of our employees as they support important national and community causes. tw telecom's Employee Committee leads this effort by identifying worthwhile activities that will make a difference.
Some of our recent community activities include:
- Race for the Cure: tw telecom employees walk in honor of those who have or have had breast cancer. All proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.
- Annual SungateKids Bowlathon and Golf Invitational: SungateKids is a Colorado-based advocacy agency that helps children who have been victims of, or witnesses to, sexual/physical/violent crimes. tw telecom employees raise money for the group with a bowling fundraiser and a golf tournament.
- Back Pack Drive: tw telecom employees provide new backpacks and school supplies for foster care children prior to the start of the school year. This is done in conjunction with the Foster & Adoptive Care Coalition, a non-profit agency that strives to create permanency in every foster child's life in the St Louis, Missouri metropolitan area.
- Troop Drive: Once a year, tw telecom employees collect essential, non-perishable items to send to a military unit-usually one that has family ties to a tw telecom employee.
- Bake Sale and Cookbooks: tw telecom employees host a bake sale in our O'Fallon, Missouri office to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. These employees are taking it a step further and developing an employee cookbook to support the same cause.
- Little Wishes and the Giving Tree: During the holiday season, tw telecom employees purchase gifts for those in need. Items collected are provided to the Salvation Army and St. Charles County (Missouri) Children Services division.
- Many other local events and projects.
Link to Careers