college internship program
Our Connections, Your Future.
Learn. Develop. Succeed.
Internships represent a cross-over point between university education and a career post-graduation. Helping you to successfully bridge that gap is our ultimate goal. Start your career path by selecting tw telecom as your first choice and gain valuable connections along the way.
Explore Corporate Career Opportunities — By working in the field you have chosen, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path. tw telecom offers internships in departments that include Information Technology, Accounting and Finance, Corporate Communications and Human Resources.
Network — As a tw telecom intern, you become a member of the team with opportunities to interact with senior executives and work with our National Operations Center (NOC). You will also have the opportunity to make contacts and form relationships you can use in your future career.
Gain Experience — You will be assigned to a variety of “real-life” customer engagements, corporate projects, and other responsibilities specific to the department of your field. These experiences will help you to gain a better understanding of tw telecom and a career in a corporate environment.
tw telecom interns are introduced to beneficial work environments and acquire skills to help in future employment opportunities. The experience you gain during the internship will assist you in establishing your individual career profile.
Join us and discover a summer internship experience where innovative ideas are met with enthusiasm through professional coaching and mentoring. We’re looking for ‘can do’ individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial culture and enjoy working as a team to achieve tw telecom’s goals and objectives.
What to Expect
The tw telecom Internship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help you develop skills in your field, network with employees and learn more about working in the corporate industry.
- Orientation: Your experience begins with a comprehensive introduction to the Company to help you on-board from day one. During Orientation, you will meet other interns and find out how to make the most of your internship.
- Professional Development: You will have the opportunity to participate in workshops to help you develop communication/presentation skills; learn valuable networking skills; develop interviewing techniques, and many others.
- Lunch and Learns and Skip Level Roundtables: These sessions provide you with the opportunity to hear from tw telecom management executives and employees throughout the Company about their experiences and current roles.
- Networking: There will be many opportunities for you to network with recruiters, fellow interns and tw telecom employees/senior leadership.
tw telecom is accepting applications for qualified candidates to intern in the following departments:
- Accounting and Finance
- Corporate Communications
- Customer Service/Customer Experience
- Human Resources
- Technology/Information Systems
- Summer program: June–August
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
- Interns work 40 hours per week
- All internships are paid.
- tw telecom does not subsidize housing or transportation.
- Students should only apply to positions for which they meet the criteria.
- All internships are based in Colorado.
tw telecom’s Internship program helps transition Military personnel and veterans currently enrolled in college into the network/technology and corporate environment. tw telecom is committed to assisting Military personnel transition into the workplace.
Scroll down to Internships